Bojack Horseman

After years of seemingly being the only person in the office who didn't have Netflix, I finally caved and subscribed for a month. The thing that unexpectedly ended up pushing me over the line was a glowing review for the animated film Nimona. Long story short, I didn't feel as strongly about it as the reviewer, but I did enjoy it.

Of course, I was then left with the question of which of the many shows on Netflix that I'd previously missed out on to watch next, and I ended up picking Bojack Horseman, since I'd heard many good things about it. The first episode was... okay, but didn't exactly blow me away. It had some decent gags, but I mostly came away from it wondering whether this was going to be another one of those "edgy" shows where we're supposed to root for a protagonist who's a complete asshole.

I'm glad I continued watching!

I can't remember the last time I ended up being this engrossed by a television show. I laughed, I cried, and I marvelled at the fact that a cartoon featuring anthropomorphic animals is possibly the deepest and most accurate reflection on life I've ever watched. I'm still kind of reeling after watching the finale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunch time

None of these

My first ex-boyfriend