Just being me

I'm visiting my mother for a week again, specifically to spend tomorrow's Mother's Day with her in person. She's doing alright and we're getting along.

It's also been a really good opportunity for me to recharge though. For several months now, I've felt like my brain is constantly in overdrive, between keeping track of tasks at work, doing chores around the house in a timely manner and ticking boxes in multiple MMOs every day. Here, my only real "responsibility" is to ask my mother whether there's anything she wants to do today and to make myself available if she needs help with anything, but otherwise I pretty much just get to eat, sleep and chill.

It almost makes me feel like a different person in a way. I'm more serious, without the cute affectations I share with my husband, and I just feel like I have a lot more time to think. It's a kind of mental cleansing that's good to have every now and then I believe. More than ten years ago, I made the decision to get together with my now husband during a visit like this, because I needed the physical and mental distance from everything else I had going on in the UK to remind myself of what was really important to me.

I don't know if there's anything like that to conclude this time, but it still feels good to just cleanse my mind a bit every now and then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunch time

None of these

My first ex-boyfriend